Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bluebirds: IT'S A BABY!



I'm so excited to announce that our single bluebird egg hatched today! We knew it was time as Mr. Bluebird appeared for the first time in days, and sure enough there was the hatchling when I looked in (after Mama flew away). I hope you can click on the photo to enlarge it - it's little beak is on the edge of the feather on the left side. It opened up for a bite, but I wasn't tall enough to get a good shot of it ... next time I'll take my stool like I did for the egg. We'll make every effort to avoid disturbing her for the next week so she can keep the baby warm, and the sparrow danger is always lurking so we'll be on alert for that.


In lieu of gifts, we're accepting congratulations on their behalf.

4 comments:

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Oh, I have always wanted to see a bluebird in real life. Please, if you get the chance, send more pictures.

Ginger said...

Congratulations, Gramma, lol. I think thats the neatest picture!!!

Ginger said...

P.S. I was looking at your blog for a place to sign up as a follower, but I don't see it. Am I missing it?

Siding Contractors West Palm Beach said...

Lovely blog you have heree